Background

Monday, February 19, 2018

Session 8 Class 1


Welcome back to another scrapbooking session. This is another 10 week class and I hope you all enjoy it as much as my previous ones. 

I started off with inspiration from the current Idea Book. Versions of each of these pages show up in the catalogue, but I saw them and wanted to combine them into a cohesive 2-page layout. I used an old paper pack called Sangria that has some lovely purples, oranges and reds throughout the papers. I've used this paper previously, but usually in a fall layout. This time I played up the purple by using Eggplant cardstock as my base pages. I utilized the Center Point function on my Cricut in order to cut the heart in the middle of the page. I also used the cut out heart to over lay the strips of paper and then adhered it back onto the base page. I added texture and dimension to the left page by embossing 2 of the hearts as well as stamping a pattern on the 3rd. The mix of patterned paper and photos was balanced by the solid colour of the base pages. I finished off the layout with a couple of stamped images and some embellishments from the Sangria Complements pack. Each of the attendees to my class will be able to choose their own embellishments to make this layout unique to their own tastes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment