Background

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Scrapaholics Unite Session 2 Class 8

I was going through my stamps looking for a sentiment for a different layout when I saw this stamp and remembered that I really wanted to use it for a layout this session. This saying is from one of my favorite books called "Guess How Much I Love You". It is such a good book to read with your children. If you don't have it or have never read it, go get it now and be prepared to read it with some tissues. The You Rock paper is from eons ago, bit it fit so well with the stamp. I wanted the sentiment to be just a colorful as the paper so I used an ombre technique here. See the step by step instructions below. 

To finish off the layout, I used first, second and third generation stamping with a star stamp that overlaps. As well, I created a sunburst flourish with some rhinestone flourishes to bring some bling to the page.   

Step 1: Ink the stamp allover with the lightest colored ink (Goldrush)

Step 2: Ink the top 2/3 of the stamp with the 2nd darkest ink (Olive)
Step 3: Ink the top 1/3 of the stamp with the darkest ink (Indian Corn Blue)

Step 4: Stamp the sentiment as normal on cardstock.
Finished piece on the layout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment