Background

Sunday, June 1, 2014

DRCC Session 7 Class #11



Alright ladies, this is the last class of the session. While most of my layout designs are from the CTMH voluminous series of design books, I recently saw this blog post from Creating Keepsakes and thought that the layout by Jing-Jing Nickel would be a great class for my ladies. Of course I have changed it somewhat as I don't have quite as many layers, but the concept is about the same and I got to use lots of washi tape!! 

I cut out the title using the CTMH Cricut Artbooking cartridge and the background large circle was from the Artiste cartridge. 

I used the Balloon Ride paper pack again as the colors matched so wonderfully, but I pulled out the green of the water in the hippo tank by using Juniper as a mat for the pictures and in the washi tape as well. I added accents of the sorbet this time, by only using the ribbon. 

This may be the last blog post for some time, until baby #2 arrives and we settle in over the summer (although I did do a super cute layout at the last retreat that I would love to share), but I will be having workshops in my basement as I've been able to stumble upon some great deals on tables and chairs recently so that I have somewhere for everyone to sit and work on! I'm excited to host them in my own home as it will definitely make it a bit easier for me especially with 2 kids, but I will definitely miss my class at Deer Run. It has been marvellous these past 3 years and I hope you all can come to my house for my classes! I do think we'll still have crops in the south occasionally, but the cry from my north ladies is quite loud lately. Please comment and share and I will see you again in the Fall!

PS. there may be a new post in August about the wonderful new Idea Book coming out and possibly a baby pic or 20...

No comments:

Post a Comment