Background

Monday, March 4, 2013

DRCC Session 5 Class #6




You're probably thinking that I have a serious red, white and blue problem lately, but I really don't. I go where the inspiration leads me and this week it led me to a July/Canada Day post. This may be more of an American theme of paper than some people might like to see, but since I had my little one in red and blue for these photos and they were taken throughout July, not just Canada Day, I thought that it still worked. I stamped a border around the large picture by straightening the original wavy stamp on my block. 


I made my own shadowing here of the stamped title by freehand cutting around the letters and the maple leaf, leaving about an eighth of an inch border around the edges. I did stamp my maple leaf twice, once on the base cardstock in blue and then again in the red and popped it up using 3D foam tape on top of the blue leaf. 


On the right side of the page, the top middle square unties to reveal another picture and a fun colored in stamp image. I only had one extra picture to place on this layout, but it has the potential to have 13 extra pictures using 2 longer pieces of cardstock and both sides of the paper. This is also a great area for private journalling. To get the multi-colored image, I stamped it first in bamboo and then colored everything in with pencil crayons. If you want a sharper look, try using markers instead. I wanted something softer so that's why I chose the pencils. 

No comments:

Post a Comment