Background

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Shadowing a Title


I had originally thought up the title first because Archer was constantly putting his fingers in his mouth. Then he learnt how to take out his pacifier so it became super easy for him to eat his fingers even more often. I got some great pictures of the entire process one day when he was playing his Exersaucer. I used the Mr. Boy collection from Bella Blvd for my paper and accents. I originally tried placing the letter stickers alone on the layout, but the black lettering was just too dark against the green paper so the title almost got lost on the page.  


I arranged the letters on a piece of white cardstock first, then I penciled a line around the letters an equal distance apart. Using scissors and an exacto knife, I cut out the letters to create a shadow effect for the title. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be and it really made the title pop. I finished it off with fake stitching using a white gel pen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment